Friday, March 11, 2011

NOLA: Service and So Much More

Signing up for Alternate Spring Break has to be THE best decision I could have made. EVER. Before, I would just show up for class, then go home and do homework. I wasn't contributing at all, and I wasn't making many friendships. Now, after this amazing experience, I've given back to the community, but I have also gotten a reward: a new circle of friends. We are all devoted to helping others and making a difference. Without this trip, I would have never gotten to know these people the way I did. Our types of personalities are so different, we are all over the school. But coming together for one common purpose has brought us all closer than some people, some "friends," we've known for years. We don't make empty promises to see each other; we're not that kind of people, and this trip has proved that. This trip is just the first step in myself getting involved in the school. Now that I know what can come of such an awesome trip, I'll definitely be coming back for more.
-Jennifer Borwick

No comments:

Post a Comment