Friday, March 11, 2011

NOLA: Final Day

ASB 2011 was more than what I was expecting. I thought that I would be coming to New Orleans, LA just to do service work but this trip turned out to be so much more. I learned about the history of New Orleans, Mardi Gras, individuals in the community, and my fellow volunteers. I was able to help someone repair their house so that it could be a home once again and I also gained a better appreciation for my life. Words really cannot describe how much this trip moved me and reaffirmed my desire to devote my life to helping others improve their own lives. My eyes have been opened to what goes on in other parts of society and I am motivated to challenge myself to become more and more socially aware. I am truly grateful for this experience!
-Sydney McGhee 3/11/11

No comments:

Post a Comment